A small selection of ships seen on the Ij
Sunday, 5 May 2013
|Qeaux Qeaux Joans gives it some of that on the Bevrijdingspodium|
|The Elementary Penguins gamely battle against the noise of |
Qeaux Qeaux Joans performing on the next stage
|Joanna Weston surrounded by lamp shades on the |
Nieuwe Anita mini-stage behind the Westergasfabriek
We also enjoyed the beautiful Karsu Dönmez energetically banging out a tune on the piano on the MC/North Sea Jazz Club mini-stage. Fame beckons!
All this plus brilliant Spring sunshine and pulled pork at the Sunday Market too!
- Qeaux Qeaux Joans http://www.qeauxqeauxjoans.com/
- Joanna Weston http://www.joannaweston.com/
- Karsu Dönmez http://www.karsu.nl/
- The Elementary Penguins http://theelementarypenguins.com/
- 'Het Vrije Western' http://www.hetvrijewesten.eu/
- Amsterdam 4 and 5 May Committee http://www.4en5meiamsterdam.nl/
- Cultuurpark Westergasfabriek http://www.westergasfabriek.nl/
- Sunday Market http://www.sundaymarket.nl/
Saturday, 27 February 2010
First and last seen by me in 1977, this movie invokes memories of Catholic school girls in trouble, not letting the death of one of the parties interfere with a loving relationship, using greasy teenagers as an energy source and a spoof of Bruce Lee kung-fu classic 'Enter the Dragon', which I had not seen at the time.
I did not appreciate how good the spoof was until I saw Lee in action shortly afterwards. The movie was ruined for me because I was waiting, waiting, waiting for the little robot to appear from around the corner and shoot everybody AND IT NEVER HAPPENED!
How many of the memories above are true I will have to find out (c.f. wrong toffee in earlier post). Stay tuned!
Monday, 14 December 2009
|Mt Norquay (2300m, background),|
Lone Pine run (left) and
Cascade lift (right)
I was going to take my iPod shuffle but I thought it might not work at -30'C so I saved myself 1/2 cubic cm right there. Ah yes, listen and learn, Son. The voice of experience is talking.